The benefits of hiring disabled workers
Historically disabled people have been part of the work force that has been over looked and underused. This has meant that employers have missed out on many potential, capable and qualified workers.
Our site aims to address this issue by helping responsible recruiters to connect with a qualified disabled audience.
We will also aim to try to combat common assumption that a disabled worker is less productive that a non disabled one and also that employing one will result in disruption and extra costs to their company. Contrary to these beliefs research has shown that the work performance of disabled people is on a par with other workers in areas such as attendance, punctuality and health and safety.
Indeed research has shown that there are many direct and indirect advantages to employing a disabled person, some of these are listed below.
Reasons to employ disabled people
- There are a estimated 8 million disabled people in the UK, a potential market with huge spending power. By having a positive corporate image and by making your services accessible to disabled people you can tap into this groups spending power and loyalty.
- By actively looking at employing a disabled person you immediately have a much wider pool of potential suitable candidates to choose from. Meaning you can save time and money by finding the right person more quickly.
- A caring approach to disability issues can create a positive corporate image for your organisation, showing users and customers that you are trustworthy and responsible.
- If you have a employee who suddenly becomes disabled then it may be easier to retain them rather than trying to recruit and retrain a new employees.
- Disabled workers who have certain physical or mental limitations realise this and are more likely to compensate for this by showing positive characteristics like loyalty, focus and dedication.
Reasons to use us
- This site is one of the UK’s largest job boards for disabled people.
- Market your jobs and brand across our network of job boards, The Diversity Job Board and Dayjob.com.
- We have superb competitive advertising rates.
- Our combined sites advertise 1000’s of live jobs (the number of jobs advertised on a site is a major draw for candidates).
- We offer a banner / button advertising option.
- Detailed job description, including your logo / URL / email links.
- Email campaigns – your jobs sent to 1000’s of candidates.
- Immediate job posting – you job online within minutes.
- Newsletter inclusion – more exposure for you organisation.
- Employers directory listing – excellent for brand building.
Our job board network
The Disability Job Board is part of a network of three specialist job sites, our other two job boards are:
You can opt to post your advert on one of our job boards or across our entire network of sites, we have superb rates for both options. Click here to see our network of job boards.
To advertise a vacancy or campaign on our site then click here.
Our contact details
Disability Job Board
The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Tel: 0121 638 0026
Company number: 5229833
(Office hours are Monday to Friday from 9am till 5pm).